Professional Writing Services
Learn more about the different writing styles we offer
My philosophy of grant writing is play to win. Grant funding is more competitive than ever. Since the economic downturn, more nonprofits and businesses are Read More ...
Specializing in: Proofreading, copyediting, and writing with a focus on content, clarity, style, grammar, word choice, consistency and 100 percent accuracy. Editorial project management from Read More ...
Cass Erickson, Founder and Principal Grant Consultant at Writing for the Workplace LLC, is a versatile writer with more than 20 years of experience. Prior Read More ...
Writing for the Workplace, LLC is dedicated to helping nonprofit organizations articulate their story and design innovative programs to solve current problems and increase capacity. This fund development firm provides grant writing services for submissions to private foundations, corporations, and government agencies. Experience with a wide variety of subjects. Successful track record. More than 10 years of fund development experience.
We provide expertise in the following areas to achieve the best possible outcomes and return on investment for clients:
- Grant Readiness – Provide recommendations to new organizations to prepare them for applying for grants
- Grant Research – Identify funding opportunities with foundations, corporations, and state and federal agencies that are aligned with your mission; access to Foundation Directory Online and GrantStation
- Program Development – Assist clients in the design of programs that will attract funding
- Proposal Writing – Telling your story in a compelling way combined with proven best practices, including current research findings
- Proposal Editing – Expert editing to provide professional polish to your grant application, contributing to its success
- Proposal Reviewing – Offering a fresh perspective and recommendations to strengthen your application; will provide a comprehensive review of your proposal and ensure you’re meeting the grant guidelines outlined in the RFP; experienced reviewer of both foundation and federal grants
- Sustainable fund-raising strategies, including recommendations for next steps
- Establish and maintain contact and relationships with foundation, state, and federal agency staff
- Grant writing training for your staff (Skype or in-person – willing to travel)
- Annual grant calendars
- Feasibility Studies
- Grant research
- Grant proposals
- Interim and final reports
- Letters of Inquiry
- Letters of Introduction
- Logic models
- Talking points
- Theory of Change
- Proofreading, copyediting, and writing with a focus on content, clarity, style, grammar, word choice, consistency, and 100 percent accuracy.
- Editorial project management from concept to delivery: develop publication timelines and desktop publishing.
- Working with writers, editors, designers, photographers, and printers to create effective communications for both print and electronic media.
- Skilled at working with ESL (English as a Second Language) and ELL (English Language Learners) authors.
- Knowledge of Associated Press (AP) Style and Chicago Manual of Style.
Ask about a 30-minute complimentary consultation to discuss your fund development or communications projects.